Are you grappling with the persistent red light on your AROEVE Air Purifier?
Let us guide you through the solution in this quick 2-minute post.
1. What Does The Red Light On An Aroeve Air Purifier Mean?
In essence, the red indicator light on your AROEVE purifier signals that it's time to replace the filter. Filters act as superheroes, capturing dust, pollen, pet dander, and other airborne pollutants.
The integrated timer in AROEVE smart purifiers flashes the red light as an alert after approximately 2,000 hours of use. When the red light blinks, it's time to take action to help your air purifier maintain its superpowers!
2. How To Aroeve Air Purifier Red Light Reset
Let's walk through the reset procedure, making it simple and efficient.
1)Step 1 – Power Off and Unplug
- Press the power button to turn off the purifier before changing the filter.
- Unplug the power cord to ensure the purifier is completely powered down.
2)Step 2 – Remove the Old Filter
- On most AROEVE models, find the filter cover on the bottom or back of the unit.
- Turn the cover counterclockwise to unlock and remove it.
3)Step 3 – Clean the Housing, Slot, and Sensor
- Wipe down the empty filter housing with a dry cloth.
- For MK04, clean the sensor at the top for accuracy.
4)Step 4 – Insert the Replacement in the Right Direction
- Ensure the airflow direction arrow on the filter aligns with the purifier’s air intake.
5)Step 5 – Close Up the Housing
6)Step 6 – Reset the Indicator Light
- Plug the power cord back in and switch the purifier on.
- Locate the reset button and hold it for 5 seconds.
- This resets the filter timer and turns the red light off.
- The indicator light should switch to blue, indicating the air purifier is ready to clean the air.
- And there you have it – the red light issue is officially resolved. Just remember to replace the filter regularly to maintain peak performance.
3. Troubleshooting A Persistent Red Light After Replacing The Filter
If the indicator persists, try these troubleshooting tips:
1) Outside Effects
- Please keep the AROEVE air purifier away from other appliances, such as humidifiers, dehumidifiers, and heaters, as they may interfere with its functions.
2) Attempt the Reset Again
- Double-check that you held the reset button down for 5-10 seconds.
- If needed, retry holding it down for the full duration for a successful reset.
3) Do a Power Reset
- Unplug and leave it unpowered.
- Plug in, turn on, and hold the power button for 30 seconds until the blue light flashes.
4) Inspect the New Filter
- Remove the new filter and check it thoroughly.
- Ensure it is properly seated and undamaged.
5) Clear Any Obstructions
- Examine the filter housing for blocks.
- Use a cotton swab or brush to clear any obstructions.
6) Contact Support
If all else fails, contact AROEVE Customer Support for assistance.
Withpatience, you can resolve any pesky red indicator light issues. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. Happy purifying!